Orthodontic treatment is no longer just for teens; in fact, the American Association of Orthodontists sites that one in five orthodontic patients is over the age of 21! Many adults are choosing to receive treatment because they understand the importance of maintaining their health, and they want to feel better about their appearance. Adults everywhere are taking advantage of the opportunity to receive orthodontic care, and now you can too!
Common reasons why adults are considering orthodontic treatment:
- A bad bite, or malocclusion, causing teeth to fit together incorrectly
- Teeth are crowded or spaced apart, possibly causing tooth decay or gum disease
- Abnormal pain, or pressure, in the jaw that is caused by crooked teeth
- The desire for a healthier mouth and a more confident smile
For many adults, the thought of having metal braces is enough to discourage them from receiving treatment. Today's orthodontic treatment options however, offer a variety of braces and appliances that are comfortable, aesthetic, and customized to meet your needs.
Types of braces include:
- Clear braces
- Self-ligating braces
- Invisible braces (Invisalign)
- Traditional metal braces
“Buttram Orthodontics has been the best experience I could have wanted. The staff are so wonderful and Dr. Buttram is fantastic. I never dread my appointments; I always look forward to them. My teeth are looking better and better every day and I look forward to the end results. I would recommend their office to anyone in a heartbeat.”Hannah